Sounds like my kind of group...
Mad Mac
2005-02-13 18:43:17 UTC
Doesn't seem like there's much happening tho'....... and the last posting
is almost a month old.

Maybe I'm even more of an 'outsider' than I thought !

:(

Bummer eh ?

Oh well....... back to the feelings of isolation and loneliness.
--
MadMacMcMad

I'm probably not completely sane !
Gianna Stefani
2005-02-13 18:57:17 UTC
Post by Mad Mac
Doesn't seem like there's much happening tho'....... and the last posting
is almost a month old.
Maybe I'm even more of an 'outsider' than I thought !
:(
Bummer eh ?
Oh well....... back to the feelings of isolation and loneliness.
Good heavens! Is this a life form I see before me?
aaaah ... isolation and loneliness ... such sweet pleasures.
Gianna Stefani
Mad Mac
2005-02-13 21:47:47 UTC
Post by Gianna Stefani
Post by Mad Mac
Doesn't seem like there's much happening tho'....... and the last
posting is almost a month old.
Maybe I'm even more of an 'outsider' than I thought !
:(
Bummer eh ?
Oh well....... back to the feelings of isolation and loneliness.
Good heavens! Is this a life form I see before me?
aaaah ... isolation and loneliness ... such sweet pleasures.
Yeah..... if it wasn't for Doodie (a cat who lives on the chair in my
back room) my isolation and loneliness would be complete.....

Then again, you're here now too !

I guess that's isolation down the pan for starters eh ?

:)

Gianna Stefani
2005-02-13 22:21:04 UTC
Post by Mad Mac
Post by Gianna Stefani
Post by Mad Mac
Doesn't seem like there's much happening tho'....... and the last
posting is almost a month old.
Maybe I'm even more of an 'outsider' than I thought !
:(
Bummer eh ?
Oh well....... back to the feelings of isolation and loneliness.
Good heavens! Is this a life form I see before me?
aaaah ... isolation and loneliness ... such sweet pleasures.
Yeah..... if it wasn't for Doodie (a cat who lives on the chair in my
back room) my isolation and loneliness would be complete.....
Then again, you're here now too !
I guess that's isolation down the pan for starters eh ?
:)
Ah well I am always here, every day, like a recurring headache.
Sometimes, the excitement is so great, I can hardly stand it (-:
Gianna Stefani
Mad Mac
2005-02-14 07:58:33 UTC
Post by Gianna Stefani
Post by Mad Mac
Post by Gianna Stefani
Post by Mad Mac
Doesn't seem like there's much happening tho'....... and the last
posting is almost a month old.
Maybe I'm even more of an 'outsider' than I thought !
:(
Bummer eh ?
Oh well....... back to the feelings of isolation and loneliness.
Good heavens! Is this a life form I see before me?
aaaah ... isolation and loneliness ... such sweet pleasures.
Yeah..... if it wasn't for Doodie (a cat who lives on the chair in my
back room) my isolation and loneliness would be complete.....
Then again, you're here now too !
I guess that's isolation down the pan for starters eh ?
:)
Ah well I am always here, every day, like a recurring headache.
lol

Well, the group already has a spammer, so all that's needed now is a
tr*ll (dare'nt say the word) or two and loneliness could be on it's way
down the road following after isolation !

So, tell me Gianna, what brings you here ?

Gianna Stefani
2005-02-14 11:43:58 UTC
Post by Mad Mac
lol
Well, the group already has a spammer, so all that's needed now is a
tr*ll (dare'nt say the word) or two and loneliness could be on it's way
down the road following after isolation !
So, tell me Gianna, what brings you here ?
If I may borrow a phrase from a television character ...
Where else could I go ?

While it is not true of British society, my experience of English
society is that respect is almost entirely absent from the culture.

While there may be as many types of 'outsider' as there are outsiders,
there are perhaps two main groups:
Those which the society wilfully or neglectfully excludes
Those who see the society and will have no part of it

Society's reaction to both is often 'well if you don't like it, go
somewhere else'.

Which is where I came in ...
where else could I go ?
Gianna Stefani
Mad Mac
2005-02-14 17:22:28 UTC
Post by Gianna Stefani
Post by Mad Mac
So, tell me Gianna, what brings you here ?
If I may borrow a phrase from a television character ...
Where else could I go ?
While it is not true of British society, my experience of English
society is that respect is almost entirely absent from the culture.
While there may be as many types of 'outsider' as there are outsiders,
Those which the society wilfully or neglectfully excludes
Those who see the society and will have no part of it
Society's reaction to both is often 'well if you don't like it, go
somewhere else'.
Which is where I came in ...
where else could I go ?
Hmmm.....

Actually, I believe it is true of every culture and society on the face
of the planet, though I do believe there are individuals in all walks of
life for whom respect is not an alien concept.

I agree with you about the 'two main groups' though, also with your
interpretation of society's reaction to them.

The 'blindness' of political and religious groups is one of my pet
hates. I am constantly amazed by the attitudes of people in these groups
who claim to be working for the 'good of mankind' or 'society' when they
are in fact merely self perpetuating organisations which blatently put
their own interests first and 'demonise' anyone who dares to contradict
them or point out flaws in their self-serving belief systems.

That's why I feel that I don't 'fit in'.....

I wouldn't want to belong to any organisation that would have me, in
fact, I refuse to.

The last thing I need is a 'leader' to tell me what I think or believe
or 'know'.

:)

Gianna Stefani
2005-02-14 18:11:21 UTC
Post by Mad Mac
Hmmm.....
Actually, I believe it is true of every culture and society on the face
of the planet, though I do believe there are individuals in all walks of
life for whom respect is not an alien concept.
I can only say that I am not in England and the problem is less acute.
I agree that some are less affected by it.
Post by Mad Mac
The 'blindness' of political and religious groups is one of my pet
hates. I am constantly amazed by the attitudes of people in these groups
who claim to be working for the 'good of mankind' or 'society' when they
are in fact merely self perpetuating organisations which blatently put
their own interests first and 'demonise' anyone who dares to contradict
them or point out flaws in their self-serving belief systems.
That's why I feel that I don't 'fit in'.....
I am quite averse to party politics as a system, as well as religious
groups whose main focus is to dislike other religious groups. There is
no such thing as a holy war, and their god is not on their side.
Post by Mad Mac
I wouldn't want to belong to any organisation that would have me, in
fact, I refuse to.
I feel similarly about social organisations, though not about others.
Gianna Stefani
Mad Mac

Mad Mac
2005-02-14 18:09:36 UTC