An Invitation
Barbara Lake
2004-12-06 20:36:50 UTC
The British Club, a group under Yahoo Groups, is for Brits still living in
the UK, British Ex-patriates living anywhere, and Anglophiles. We use the
term "British" to mean anyone from the British Isles or English-speaking
Commonwealth country. We also use the term "Anglophile" in a catholic sense
encompassing kinship to all of Great Britain. Some of our members hail from
England, some from Scotland, some from Australia. Ex-patriates live in the
U.S., Canada, and elsewhere in the world. Anglophiles trace their roots to
England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales, often a combination.

We talk about British music, actors, theatre, television, food, sports,
Royalty, British history and other things British, as well as any other
subject that might move us (British or not). While we do not tolerate trolls
or flamers, our humour can be decidedly off kilter.

If you think you might enjoy The British Club, you are cordially invited to
join us. Just send an email to British_Club-***@yahoogroups.com. Try
us out for awhile, and see if itÂ’s a good fit.

Sincerely,

The British Club
caroline
2004-12-07 11:22:04 UTC
Post by Barbara Lake
The British Club, a group under Yahoo Groups, is for Brits still living in
the UK, British Ex-patriates living anywhere, and Anglophiles.
Yes, you advertised this when this ng first popped up on the ng lists. I'm
sure anyone who wanted to join a yahoo group might have done so already.
Some of us would prefer to stay in the ng hierarchy
Barbara Lake
2004-12-07 15:39:17 UTC
Post by caroline
Post by Barbara Lake
The British Club, a group under Yahoo Groups, is for Brits still living
in the UK, British Ex-patriates living anywhere, and Anglophiles.
Yes, you advertised this when this ng first popped up on the ng lists.
I'm sure anyone who wanted to join a yahoo group might have done so
already. Some of us would prefer to stay in the ng hierarchy
No problem, Caroline.